- Can I volunteer?
Yes! We always need lots of help. Click here to sign up on our volunteer list.
- I have a ticket, but I won’t be able to make it to the event. What should I do?
If someone you trust is also going to the event, you can have them pick out your bowl for you. Just let us know that they will be picking up your ticket at Will Call. Alternatively, contact us on our contact page and we’ll talk about adding shipping to your order, etc.
- Will there be wine?
Yes! Stone Tower Winery will have wine to purchase.
- I sent you a message on the Contact page, but I’ve never gotten a response. What gives?
First, check your Spam folder. Jenny (info@LEB) is pretty good about responding. If it’s not there, ask again. Sometimes your message can get lost on our end too, especially in the summer when there’s so much ticket business going on. You can also message us on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LoudounEmptyBowls
- My receipt says, “Select Your Bowl on [incorrect date] at the Event.”
Yep, we didn’t catch that error until tickets went on sale, and before anyone could correct it, they were all sold! Rest assured, bowl selection happens during the event — Thursday, September 14th, 2023 starting at 6pm.
- I don’t have a PayPal account, but I want to donate. What should I do?
While PayPal handles all of our online transactions, an account with PayPal is not required. Continue through Checkout and PayPal gives an option to pay by credit card without logging in. This allows for you to have a secure checkout experience with or without a PayPal account.
- Can I reserve a bowl by a specific artist?
Unfortunately, no. Bowl selection is first-come-first-served at the event.
- Why are you having this dinner on a Thursday? Why not Saturday? (or Friday like they used to be?)
Stone Tower Winery has been very generous to host this year’s dinner during prime wedding season, and their every Saturday is booked well in advance. Even their Friday nights are highly sought-after for rehearsal dinners, evening weddings, and parties, and we here at Loudoun Empty Bowls are deeply honored to have such big-hearted friends and sponsors who are willing to donate both the location/resources and a desirable time to make this evening a success.
- I can’t get to Leesburg by 6:00 on a Thursday night. Am I just out of luck?
Not at all! We will serve dinner from 6:00 until 8:30, and we have enough Empty Bowls that even the last person to arrive will still have a lovely selection from which to choose.
- Is Loudoun Empty Bowls a real charity?
Yes! Loudoun Empty Bowls is registered as a charitable organization in Virginia, and a 501(c)3 Public Charity with the IRS, Tax ID 46-5089393.
- How much of my money will actually go to the recipients?
100% of the proceeds go to the grant recipients, which are Loudoun Hunger Relief, Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS), and Dulles South Food Pantry.
- Can I volunteer?